Personal Lines Quotation Consultant
An exciting opportunity exists for a Personal Lines Quotation Consultant to join the Underwriting Department. This position is based in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare Quotations in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
• Support BDC’s in acquiring profitable business.
• Attend to administration and written communication.
• Ensure that all documentation is processed accurately & correctly.
• Ensure documentation is checked and authorized prior to dispatch.
• Ensure queries are resolved as per company standards.
• Ensure timeous and accurate management of mail count.
• Ensure policies are not overexposed.
• Maintain service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
• Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers on matters resolved.
• Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of service delivery goals.
• Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
• Align own behaviour with the organization culture and values.
• Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
• Collaborate and work with the Underwriting team to ensure required service levels are delivered.
• Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices and procedures.
• Identify and recommend areas / ways to improve processes.
• Process discount request within mandate.
• Professional and timeous query resolutions/ feedback (email and telephonic)
• Approval of violations/ mandates
• Ad-hoc duties and special projects
• Ad-hoc assistance in other departments as and when required
• Attend meetings as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• FAIS fit and proper
• Relevant experience
• CPD Hours
• At least 1 – 2 years short term insurance experience in Personal Lines
• Must have experience in various personal Lines products.
• Be able to handle high volumes and stress.
• No ITC Credit records (bad debts, judgements etc.).
• No Criminal Record
• A formal qualification in the short-term insurance industry
• Experience on various short-term products and Insurers
• PC literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Well spoken
• Client orientation
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Proper telephone etiquette
• Being able to speak / read and communicate in Afrikaans and English would be an advantage.
• Must be able to handle pressure
Attributes required for the position include but are not limited to:
• Good with numbers
• Emotionally strong
• Attention to detail and thoroughness
• Ability to stay focused under high pressure
• Strong customer service focus
• Problem solving abilities
• Decision making (Agile)
• Highly self-motivated
• Committed to meeting deadlines
• Ability to communicate in English and Afrikaans is essential
• Professional and service excellence
• Strict adherence to Service level agreements
• Team player
• Planning and organising
• Time management
• Communication skills
• Administrative skills
• Output driven
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering, and aviation.
As a short-term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear ITC
• Clear criminal record
• Excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: HumanResources@brolink.co.za before 31 July 2023.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy. Provided you are not contacted within 2 weeks of job application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.