Commercial Claims Team Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a Commercial Team Manager to join the Claims Department. This position is based in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver exceptional client service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate claims handling.
• Handling of performance related issues and disciplinary matters.
• Manage, support and developing a team of people to ensure service delivery and performance management applied consistently.
• Manage people related matters i.e., attendance, absence, and attrition (staff turnover) within the team to ensure service level contributions are met or exceeded.
• Weekly team meetings, participation on one-on-one discussion and other meetings required from time to time.
• Demonstrates an effective communication style, that motivates, across internal and external teams and individuals that may become involved with claim tasks.
• Identify, investigate, and resolve any challenges relating to claims being handled in line with claims policies and procedures such as SLAs and TAT.
• Meeting of set deadlines.
• Managing team’s task adherence (diary, message, and email management)
• Monitoring immediate first call resolution within the claims department.
• Management of outstanding claims monthly. (Outstanding listings)
• Authorise and validate claims that does not fall in the staff mandate.
• Ensure compliance in terms of “Under Supervision” and record keeping.
• Liaising, build excellent relationships and ensure accurate and timeous response to brokers and clients on queries.
• Monitor effective use of approved suppliers and adherence to contracted rates to improve loss ratios.
• Auditing of claims within your team monthly
• Monitor equal distribution of claims.
• Analyse training needs: identify possible problem areas and change weakness into strength.
• Provide supporting reports and information to Claims Portfolio Manager to compile feedback to Executive Head
• Ensuring client satisfaction improvement: QA processes/CSI scores/Complaints Root Cause Analysis.
• Provide policy wording interpretation.
• Courteous and professional attendance to telephonic queries.
• Deliver strategic results in term of the Brolink Vision and Mission.
• Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
• Demonstrate commitment toward the team and participate in building team culture.
• Collaborate and work closely with all role-players thereby leveraging constructive team dynamics and innovation.
• Identify and recommend enhancements to processes.
• Monitoring of call pause procedures and availability within the department together with managing the contact centre.
• Proactively ensure the most effective use of time, resources, money, materials, or equipment in line with policies and procedures.
• Comply with corporate governance policies, procedures, and standards.
• Manage own development to increase own competencies.
• Must fully understand the Complaints Process and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
•Matric is an essential requirement
•FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
•Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
•Regulatory Exam: Representatives
•Must not be debarred with FSCA
•Minimum of 5 -10 years’ experience: Commercial claims experience with all types of Motor and Non-Motor claims in the short-term insurance industry.
•Advanced proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
•Sound knowledge of Insurance principles.
•Ability to summarise, analyse and evaluate data.
•Ability to implement new processes.
•Comfortable to work in a fast paced, constant changing environment, with new technology and tools.
Attributes required for the position include and are not limited to:
• Leadership and management
• Planning, organising, follow up (time management)
• Stress tolerance, resilience
• Client service orientation
• Attention to detail
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate at all levels
• Telephone etiquette
• Decision-making skills (with regards to claims)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening skills and written)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering, and aviation.
As a short-term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear ITC
• Clear criminal record
• Excellent previous employment references.
Our values are Excellence, Integrity, Fairness.
Our Vision is to be the leading digital technology and integration platform for short-term insurance.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: HumanResources@brolink.co.za before 27 December 2023.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy. Provided you are not contacted within 2 weeks of job application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.